Things to do in Waterville...
Activities abound in Waterville from hiking the
old Pine Canyon Rd or Nordic ski trail on Badger Mountain to taking an
Historic Waterville walking tour and cooling off in the community
Things to do:
- Visit the
Douglas County Historical Museum
- Stay overnight at our town RV park.
- Get an ice cream cone or latte and take the
Historic Waterville walking tour
- Cool off in the Community swimming pool
- Picnic under the shade trees, let the kids play
in the playground or play tennis in Pioneer Park
- Great place for a get-away weekends
- Waterville is centrally located for day trips
to the Lake Chelan area, Coulee City, Grand Coulee, Mansfield,
Wenatchee Valley and Leavenworth
- Waterville is close to Orondo River Park,
Daroga State Park and Lincoln Rock State Park
- Go birding at Badger Mountain, Douglas creek
wildlife area, Moses Coulee or even in town
- Days are warm, nights are cool. Soak up the sun
and enjoy the clear crisp mountain air Wander off in a different
direction each day just to see what you can find
- Leave the car at home, fly in to the Waterville
- Great deals at the Historical thrift
store. Chance to get all that stuff you can’t live without.
Winter recreation includes skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling,
snowshoeing and crosscountry skiing, spend the day on the slopes at the
Ski Hill, The new T-Bar will take you to the top, then you can
dazzle the “locals” by carving up the mountain on your way down.
Don’t forget to replace all those lost calories with a scrumptious
“Lions” Cheeseburger with sautéed onions.
Back to the Top
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Explore the ghost towns
- Search for meteorites
- Walk among the glacial erratics
- Follow the Ice Age Floods Geological trail
- Hear the story of the Missoula Floods and be
amazed at the view at the Dry Falls Interpretive Center.
- Visit the many old cemeteries
- Tiptoe through the tulips in town, and
view the expanses of spring wildflowers while exploring.
- Bring your metal detector - Find good stuff
- Geocaching, find a treasure, leave a treasure
- Taste the best of the local wineries and shop
the local fruit stands along the Columbia River
- Star gaze in our clear, crisp night skies.
- Drive among a menagerie of wildlife, buffalo
and beef ranches, wheat and canola fields
- Limited traffic on paved roads ideal for
classic/antique car clubs, motorcyclists and bicycle groups, and lots
of primitive roads for the dual sport biking.
- Primitive roads for the more adventurous
- Photographic wonderland and a painter’s
- Nearby golfing at nearby Desert Canyon Golf
- Find and explore Mudsprings, Mold and Moses
Stool if you dare
the Nature Conservancy trails at Moses Coulee
- Yank a “big one” out of Jameson Lake.
- Explore the Indian caves and soak in the
mineral waters of the Lake Lenore and Sun Lakes.
- After fording the streams in Douglas Creek,
hike about, swim, lay in the sun and count the beavers.
- Easy Access to the Cascade Loop Scenic Highway
Back to the Top
- Waterville is located on US Highway 2, the National Park Scenic Highway about 3
hours drive from Seattle or Spokane and just 35 minutes away from
Chelan and Wenatchee .